Skip to main content
   
HomeDSA In the News ListDetails

DSA In the News

Coroner examines explosion remains

 | Published on 9/17/2010


SAN FRANCISCO — The San Mateo County Coroner’s Office is examining remains recovered from a home destroyed in the San Bruno explosion and fire that could be that of three missing family members.

A statement released by the Bullis family Thursday says remains have been recovered at the address where 50-year-old Greg Bullis, his 16-year-old son, William, and his 82-year-old mother, Lavonne, were believed to be at the time of the blast last week.

The family statement said it is “with heavy hearts that the Bullis family announce the passing of Lavonne, Greg, and William Bullis.”

San Mateo County Deputy Coroner Emily Erickson confirmed the remains were undergoing scientific analysis, but said it could take several weeks before it’s determined if the remains are that of the missing family members.